Yes, I know it's Tuesday, not Monday. I already failed on a promise that I would post a great veggie-friendly, hearty recipe every Monday for Meatless Monday. I was up late working on a paper due a midnight (got it turned it at 11:30 with 30min to spare.. woo!) so I have to admit that I just popped into the oven a Trader Joe's frozen spinach pie for dinner with some acorn squash. Still meatless, but not quite homemade. What can I say? There are some nights I just don't have the time or desire to cook a meal from scratch! So here is a meal I made last week and didn't have a chance to post yet, but its a perfect fit for a easy, hearty and healthy Meatless Monday meal.
MESSY GREEN TACOS
With the plethora of greens in my fridge recently, I have had to get creative with what I how I cook them. (Yes- even I can get sick of eating my greens sometimes). I found a box of hard shell corn taco shells in my pantry from a while back, and I thought, "Why not try greens in tacos??" Okay so they aren't really "green" tacos, but they have greens in them and they certainly are messy! So fun! I sauteed up some radish tops with onions, garlic and leftover chickpeas with some mexican spices (lots of cumin and chili powder with a touch of cayenne for some heat) for a flavorful, colorful, and nutritious taco stuffing. Any type of cooking greens and beans will work great, and feel free to throw in whatever leftover veggies you have in the fridge- that's the beauty of the recipe-less dish! Once the filling is all cooked up, just stuff the tacos and top with your favorite salsa, hot sauce and shredded cheese, and there you have a fun and messy way to eat your greens!

No comments:
Post a Comment